Tagline: Internationalization at Kenyatta University
The Centre for International Programmes and Collaborations (CIPC) is the hub of information and activities for local and international staff and students. These activities include:
- Student exchange programmes- Applications now on going!!
- Staff exchange programmes
- Scholarships for study and capacity development
- International conferences and academic meetings
- Development of partnerships and collaborations with academic, research and other institutions, both locally and internationally.
It was previously known as the Centre for Linkages and International Programmes (CLIP). It was established in 1994 to promote international students and staff exchange and to facilitate collaborations with educational institutions and other organizations, locally and internationally.
The change of the name of to the CIPC in 2012, signified an expansion of its mandate as listed above.
The CIPC is a strategic unit under the Vice-Chancellor’s Office, charged with coordinating all international activities. In consonance with the vision and mission of KU, the Centre’s activities are geared towards positioning KU on the world map of academic excellence.
The following fundamental statements continue to guide the operations of the CIPC.
Vision: A centre of excellence in internationalization of Kenyatta University through collaborations
Mission: To initiate and co-ordinate international programmes and collaborations for enhancement of the Kenyatta University profile.
- Develop and run tailor-made international programmes.
- Create a vibrant and supportive environment for all international staff and students.
- Enhance the University profile through local and international collaborations.
- Ensure adequate resources for effective and efficient implementation of services.
- Equal Opportunity
- Institutional culture
- Respect for diversity