2022 Sciences Po Summer School
This is to announce that Sciences Po is now accepting applications for its 2022 Summer School. This intensive programme, featuring courses in both the social sciences and French language, is an excellent opportunity for students from our partner universities to discover Sciences Po over the course of the summer. To enable all students around the world to participate in the programme, despite current travel restrictions, we are glad to announce that the 2022 Summer School will offer both on-campus and online options!
The Summer School’s University Programme is held in two separate sessions during the months of June and July. Students have the choice to attend one or both sessions.
- June session: June 7th – July 1st, 2022. Application deadline: 14th of April 2022
- July session: July 4th – July 29th 2022. Application deadline: 12th of May 2022
Academic programme: The Summer School offers two academic tracks, in social sciences and French language. Both tracks are available in each session of the Summer School.
- In the social sciences track (online or on campus), students select one core class for intensive study over the course of 36 contact hours, on topics ranging from international relations to political science to economics, as well as interdisciplinary studies of contemporary issues. Classes are led by Sciences Po professors and researchers and are taught in English. Successful completion of a course awards students 6 ECTS credits. 2 classes in June and 3 classes in July will be offered exclusively online. Course descriptions are available on the website.
- In the French language track (on campus only), participants are placed at one of six levels adapted to their knowledge of the language (from total beginners to advanced). Over the course of 66 contact hours, students complete an intensive language programme including French language classes, oral expression workshops and written expression workshops. Successful completion of a course awards students 6 ECTS credits.
- All participants coming on campus will have the possibility to choose additional elective courses to complete 24 hours of additional study on a variety of topics (French language, French history…). Successful completion of an elective class awards students 3 ECTS credits.
Outside of class: Students who will join the University Programme in Paris will follow their classes in the Paris campus, in the heart of the Saint Germain-des-Prés neighbourhood. Our programme features a variety of extracurricular activities (conferences with guest speakers, guided visits to Parisian museums and monuments, weekend trips, etc.) over the course of the summer. Students may live in student residence halls or host families with other programme participants, or choose to find their own housing if they so desire.
Applying: The Summer School is open to students from across the world. The eligibility criteria and application procedure are detailed on the Summer School website. Candidates must apply through our online application system. Tuition fees may differ depending on the course format (online or on-campus).
Covid-19 Information: At this time, Sciences Po plans to hold part of its programmes in person on Sciences Po’s campus. If the local health situation prevents Sciences Po from holding any class on campus, all courses from the social sciences track will be moved online and the website updated accordingly. Building on the Summer School’s expertise in online learning, and the success of the 2020 and 2021 Online Summer School, we are looking forward to once again providing an enriching and multicultural learning experience for all students online and on campus!
The Summer School team is at your disposal to answer any questions regarding the 2022 programme. More information is available on the Summer School website: www.sciencespo.fr/summer.